When looking for a tai chi class near you may be very easy depending on where you live.
The possibilities of finding the best teacher are high if you live near a city compared to a rural area.
You may also find a tai chi class in the rural area due to its popularity growth.
The first place to inquire about tai chi classes is a karate dojo or martial art studio.
Karate dojo or martial art studios may not provide tai chi but they may have clues of where to find the tai chi classes.
Places you may check to when finding tai chi classes include:
• Adult learning centers• College• Dance studio• Holistic wellness centers• Health Food stores.• High school.• Therapeutic massage studios.• YMCA/YWCAS
DISCLOSURE: Breakthroughealing.org is reader supported so if you buy any products featured on this site I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure here.
How To Find Good Beginner Friendly Tai Chi Near Me
• InternetThe internet is also the best place you may find a tai chi lesson near you.
You only need to search the name of your place and ask whether there are any tai chi classes around the locality.
You may find one which is not far away from your home.
On the internet, you will find the best reviews and comments about a certain tai chi class making it easy for you to select the best one.
Although some of these reviews are written by the instructors and owner, you need to do a thorough check on the tai chi class you choose.
• DVDsA good beginner-friendly tai chi class provides its student with tapes or DVDs with the best moves and instructions.
Tapes help you in case there are no regular classes hence you are in the position of still practicing.
Proper posture is the emphasis that you will find on the best beginner tai chi tapes or videos.
They also help you with the ways to check yourself if you are on the right track.
• Good instructorThere is no way to prove that a certain instructor is competent or qualified to give instructions because no standard rating system or test is done.
An instructor who considers tai chi as an exercise should be avoided.
A good instructor knows the history and origin of various postures.
The history helps them to teach on the benefits, healing aspects, and energy flow of tai chi.
You should find an instructor who focuses on all his students not dealing with a certain group because they are advanced than others.
• ReputationWhen looking for any class whether tai chi or any other class, the reputation of the instructor is very important.
It will help you evaluate how you will fair after registering for your classes.
A tai chi class with a good reputation is the best as they mold on the basics hence you are well catered for.
The background check of a tai chi class is important as you will find an overview of how they work before wasting your precious time.
• ReferralsTo find a good beginner tai chi class, you need to find some recommendations from various people who have learned or are learning tai chi.
The recommendations will help you analyze the best class to choose if there are various classes near you. A class with more than one or two referrals should be on top of your list.
Are There Tai Chi Classes Near Me?
Regardless of your condition or age, tai chi classes are for everyone willing to learn it.
Your basics teacher and class may not be the best for you hence you should not give up if you are not comfortable.
The best option is to find another tai chi class until you are comfortable with one.
If you are lucky to find a good tai chi instructor or class hence the above advice may not be of importance.
The difficulties you may face during class hours may be made easy if you can look for a video that provides the form and style you are learning.
The video will help you master the instructions in your free time without the pressure of an instructor.